January 31, 2014
GONG HAY FAT CHOY! Or in other words: HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! My new year officially starts on Chinese New Year (I am Asian after all… What? You’re Asian?! Stop it…) and I’ve decided that I am dedicating 2014 to a year of FOLLOWING MY BLISS. I am taking time everyday to do something that makes me happy, and I’d like for you to do that with me! Challenge rules are at the bottom of this post! Who doesn’t want a little more happiness in their life? I mean, seriously.
As I lay in bed recovering from this stubborn sickness that won’t go away, I have come to realize that I have not been as happy as I have been. I mean, I have a great day job (ideal for an actress), I live in a great apartment, I have great friends, I have an adorable diva of a dog who loves me despite her incessant need for chicken and human food… but something’s missing. There’s an empty pocket in my heart that somehow hasn’t been filled. Do you ever feel that way? That somehow something is missing? Well, I came to realize that forgot to PLEASE MYSELF. That sounded dirty… Don’t go there… You went there. Dammit, now I’m there! I spend so much of my time making other people happy that I forget to do things to make myself happy! I wanna be happy too! DUH! Here’s my logic:
· If I do things that make me happy, then I will be a happier person.
· If I am a happier person, I will have happier thoughts.
· If I have happier thoughts, I will radiate more happiness which will in turn bring me more things that will make me happy!
So, I am charge of my own happiness and I am challenging you to do the same! Come up with a list of things that make you happy. Here’s part of my list. Steal some.
· Going to yoga
· Taking a bubble bath
· Talking to a good friend
· Watching a funny TV show/movie (I personally LOVE “The Big Bang Theory”)
· Eating a piece of dark chocolate
· Having a romantic date with Ben & Jerry
· Getting a mani/pedi
· Shopping (who says retail therapy doesn’t work?!)
· Going to the beach
· Playing with my dog
· Riding a motorcycle
· Giving someone a hug
· Belting out one of my favorite songs in the car
So, starting tomorrow February 1st (the month of looooove), follow me on instagram at aliciaying (if you aren’t following me already) and post a picture of you following your bliss. Hashtag it: #yestotheying so that we can celebrate each other’s happiness! You can also tweet me at: @aliciaying.
Let’s be happy, shall we?
What makes you happy?
Rock the love,